Name and address of the controller
The controller within the meaning of the GDPR, other data protection laws effective in the Member States of the European Union and other regulations of a data protection law nature is:
Galerie Noah Klink
represented by Noah Klink
Kulmer Straße 17
Tel: +49 1627010044
Collection of information
When you access our website, general data and information are collected and stored in the log files of the server. This information includes the browser types and versions used, the operating system used, the website from which you access our website (referrer), the sub-web pages that an accessing system accesses on our website, the date and time of access to our website, the IP address, the accessing system’s internet service provider and other data and information that serve to defend against dangers in the event of an attack on our IT systems. When using these general data and information, we will not draw conclusions about the person that has accessed the website. We need them only to correctly display the contents of our website, ensure the proper functioning of the IT and the technology of our website, provide that information to the law enforcement agencies in the event of any attack on our website and optimise the advertising on our website. Hence, we evaluate these anonymous personal data acquired by us for statistical purposes but also to improve data protection at our company. Moreover, server log files are always stored separately from personal data that the person concerned has provided to us.
Subscribing to the newsletter
In our newsletter, we provide information on a regular basis about what we do, e.g., about exhibitions at our gallery or about exhibitions of the artists of the gallery, the participation in trade fairs etc. The newsletter can be received only if a user has subscribed to the newsletter and has a valid email address. You can subscribe to our newsletter on our website. If you do this, your email address will be provided to us in the input mask for subscribing to the newsletter. When you subscribe to the newsletter, we will send an email in which the subscription to the newsletter needs to be confirmed. This is done to verify that the owner of the email address has actually subscribed to the newsletter. When you subscribe to the newsletter, we will also store the IP address of the computer system you use at the time of registration and the time and date of the registration. We need to collect these data to detect any misuse of the email address. This is done to protect us legally. We will use the personal data that we obtain in the context of your subscription to the newsletter only to send you the newsletter or when we change the newsletter offer. We use Artlogic to send our newsletter.
Contact via email or an online contact form
If you contact us via email or through an online contact form (e.g. at an online art fair viewing room), the personal data provided will be stored automatically and may be used for the purpose of handling requests by the person concerned or contacting the person concerned. The personal data will not be transmitted to third parties.
Rights of data subjects
Each data subject has the right
• to receive from us a confirmation about whether we process personal data of the data subject;
• pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to demand information about these personal data processed by us and the following information: information about the purposes of processing, the categories of the personal data that are processed, the categories of recipients to which the data have been or will be disclosed, in particular in the case of recipients located in third countries or international organisations, if possible the intended period of storage, or if that is not possible, the criteria used to determine that period, the existence of the right to request rectification, erasure and/or restriction of processing and to object to such processing, the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of the data where they have not been acquired by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved and the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject, whether data have been transmitted to a third country or an international organisation and information about suitable guarantees in connection with such transmission;
• pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to request that his or her personal data we have stored be rectified if they are inaccurate or be completed without undue delay;
• pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request that the personal data we have stored be erased without undue delay if the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; if the data subject withdraws consent on which the processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for the processing; if the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR; if the personal data are unlawfully processed; if the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which we are subject; or if the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Art. 8 (1) GDPR, unless pursuant to Art. 17 (3) GDPR the processing of the personal data is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; where we are obliged to erase the personal data and have made the personal data public, we will, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers which are processing the personal data that the data subject has requested us to erase any links to, or copy or replication of, those personal data;
• pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of processing where the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data; if the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead; if we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or if the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override those of the data subject;
• where processing is restricted, such personal data may, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State;
• pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from us where the processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR or Art. 9 (2) (a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR and the processing is carried out by automated means; this does not apply to any processing necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us; in exercising his or her right to data portability, the data subject has the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from us to another controller, where technically feasible;
• pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him or her which is based on Art. 6 (1) (e) or (f) GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on the provisions of the GDPR; we will no longer process the personal data, unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; where personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him or her for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing; in the event of objection, we will no longer process the personal data for direct marketing purposes; where personal data are processed for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes pursuant Art. 89 (1) GDPR, the data subject has the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest; the data subject may exercise his or her right to object by automated means using technical specifications;
• pursuant to Art. 22 GDPR, not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning him or her or similarly significantly affects him or her; this does not apply if the decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract between the data subject and us, is authorised by Union or Member State law to which we are subject and which also lays down suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests or is based on the data subject’s explicit consent; where the decision is necessary for entering into, or performance of, a contract or where it is made based on the express consent of the data subject, we will implement suitable measures to safeguard the data subject’s rights and freedoms and legitimate interests, which includes at least the right to obtain human intervention on our part, to express his or her point of view and to contest the decision;
• pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw his or her consent to the processing of personal data at any time;
• pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Please contact us for any questions regarding the rights you have or to exercise any of the abovementioned rights.
Legal bases of the processing
The legal basis for the processing of personal data for which we obtain consent is Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of personal data for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR. This also applies to processing activities relating to steps taken prior to entering into a contract, i.e. inquiries regarding our products and services. The legal basis for the processing of personal data due to a legal obligation, such as for compliance with tax-law provisions, is Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of personal data that is in the public interest is Art. 6 (1) (e) GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of personal data that is necessary to protect our legitimate interests is Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of the personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
Duration of storage and erasure of personal data
We will store personal data only for the period that is necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage or to the extent to which we are obliged to do so by law. If the purpose of storage no longer applies or any legal retention period or any retention period pursuant to a Directive or Regulation expires, the personal data will be deleted routinely.
Automated decision-making and profiling
We do not use any automated decision-making or profiling process.